DO I NEED TO BOOK?
- No Bookings Necessary (*Except for Special Group Events*)
- 1st Timers, just come 30 mins# before class to allow for traffic, parking, registration and orientation. (#15 mins before for 545am class in the morning)
TIPS – 1st TIMERS
- Come to Class already hydrated (2-3 litres 24 hours before your class)
- Come to Class on an empty stomach (Avoid eating at least 2 hours before class)
- Pace yourself in class, sip water lightly in class if you need and always breathe through your nose in class (except for breathing exercises).
- You may feel dizzy or nauseous in class which is normal as this means the postures are working and you need to continue to pace yourself, drink even more water as preparation before your next class
WHAT TO WEAR
- Nothing overly loose, big or bulky as it will get in the way (Avoid track suit or long pants as it will become hot and uncomfortable when sweating)
- Ladies – cropped top or singlet top, shorts or yoga pants
- Men – short sleeve top or singlet top, shorts (wear underwear if your shorts are loose fitting)
- All – NO shoes or socks once you enter premises (bare feet environment)
DO I STILL COME IF I AM STARTING TO GET SICK OR RECOVERING FROM A COLD , FLU, COUGH OR SIMILAR CONDITIONS
- If you are sick and have symptoms for the last 3 days, please kindly reschedule your bikram yoga class in consideration of your fellow bikram yogis and yoginis
- Get better soon and then come in when you have no symptoms
- Your actions will continue to foster a happy healthy environment within the yoga room and the studio
- Towels – $2
- Yoga Mats – $2
- Yoga Mats
- Yoga Wear
- Water & Coconut Water
- Electrolytes and Mineral Supplements
- Yoga Accessories
WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES
- Check out “Yoga Etiquette” under “Timetable & Prices”
- Check out our Terms & Conditions under “Prices”
- Check out our Studio policy on “Planning a Pregnancy or Pregnant” at the end of this page
- Check out our Studio policy on “What if I am under 18″ in section after “Why the Heat”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
- Improves your breathing capacity
- Improves sleep patterns
- Builds strength, flexibility, concentration, focus, balance and endurance physically and mentally
- Improvement in posture, alignment and spinal health
- Vibrancy in skin tone
- Reduces the impact of stress in your daily lives
- Weight loss, bone strengthening and muscle toning
- Works through the systems of the body: cardiovascular, circulatory, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, respiratory, immune, digestive, reproductive, muscular, skeletal.
- Integration of left and right hemisphere of the brain.
- Works every gland, organ, muscle, tendon, ligament in the body.
- Assists with depression, bipolar and other associated disorders
WHY THE HEAT
- Muscles, fascia, connective tissue all become more elastic, which allows for greater flexibility, increased range of movement and reduced risk of injury.
- Sweating is promoted which allows for detoxification.
- Capillaries dilate in the heat and this improves oxygenation of the blood, muscle tissue and glands.
- Blood becomes thinner and runs through the circulatory system cleansing and clearing toxins and metabolic wastes from the body due to elevated heart rate and cardiovascular system getting a workout
- Your body burns more fat and it can be re-distributed and burned as energy during your yoga practice.
- Endurance building whilst challenging will-power, patience, focus and concentration
WHAT IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OLD?
- If you are under 18 (between 15-18), you’re still welcome to try Bikram Yoga, it’s just that you’ll need parental /guardian consent. Please get a parent or legal guardian to sign at the back of the registration form on your 1st visit. You will need this CONSENT before you take your 1st class.
- If you are under 15, please stay tuned for future news about Bikram Yoga for Kids. This is not yet available at our studio at the time of posting this section.
- Important to read http://www.parentdish.com/2011/02/18/should-parents-sweat-over-their-kids-doing-hot-yoga/
PLANNING A PREGNANCY or PREGNANT
- If you are planning a pregnancy, please follow your Medical Doctor’s advice and speak to your Studio Director, Karen personally before continuing with your Bikram Yoga practice.
- If you are planning a pregnancy and going through assisted fertility (including IVF), please follow your Medical Doctor’s advice and speak to your Studio Director, Karen personally before continuing with your Bikram Yoga practice.
- If you are a regular Bikram Yoga practitioner (at least 3x per week) for more than 1 year and your pregnancy has no complications to date, you may continue your practice following the Rajashree’s pregnancy yoga series for the Bikram Yoga Room after your 1st Trimester (must be following your 1st Trimester Scan, your medical Doctor’s advice and the start of your 14th week). Special approval must be obtained from your studio director, Karen personally for record keeping purposes and to ensure you are prepared for this new practice in the yoga room.
- If you are pregnant and new to Bikram Yoga, it is better to avoid any NEW form of exercise which includes this practice of yoga in the heated room as your body would not be acclimatised to the heat and hydration levels may become an issue.
- Important to read http://www.bikramyoga.com/Rajashree/rajashree_preg_yoga.php